We offer 150 rolling scholarships to children living in abject poverty. Scholarships start from primary school and, providing the recipient continues to work hard and maintain a good attitude, they are guaranteed up to the end of higher education.
How We Do It
Simply getting a child into school is not enough. It's a great start, but it is not the complete solution. Our scholarships offer exactly that, the complete solution. We take members on at primary level and work closely with them right up until they apply for their first job. This means by the time a member completes their scholarship we may well have worked with them for anywhere up to 17 years. We believe strong and lasting relationships offer stability and belonging, two things that often do not exist in many of our members' lives.
The Defining Pillars of Scholarships
- We only use a select group of schools, universities and vocational institutes that offer high quality teaching.
- Our members are supported from primary school all the way to higher education.
- We maintain a strong individual relationship with every member throughout his or her scholarship.
- We provide individual mentoring to every member.
Monitoring & Assessment
- We record and assess every member's academic progress. We encourage goal setting using 'improvement' as the primary indicator of success.
- Not everyone wants to be a lawyer in the same way not everyone wants to be a plumber. We encourage our members to pursue their interests and offer a range of possible routes to gaining the skills they need.
- From the final years of school and throughout their higher education we provide extra support focused on preparing our members for the move into employment.