Sport is one of the most powerful development tools there is when it comes to young people. Its transformative power, its ability to unite, empower and teach makes it an invaluable aspect of any childhood. When the values and lessons that come from sport are set against a backdrop of poverty and inequality they only become more critical. We put sport at the centre of our work because it has the potential to change a person forever.
Just some of the values we emphasise…
- Increase accessibility to, and promote participation in, structured and organised sport
- Discover and nurture sporting talent in young people
- Promote and instil the core values of sport
- Reduce the barriers of entry for young people to play sport
- Produce educated sportspersons and dispel the widely held view in Uganda that a person must chose between an education or sports.